Lisa Hendrickson sold her first idea for a company to her father when she was five years old for twenty-five cents. Today she is a serial entrepreneur who has lived an immersive life around start-up ventures. Her newest company, Spark City, was founded to provide essential start-up training and back office solutions to entrepreneurs with a focus on effectiveness and profitability.
Prior, she was the COO of HCC, a values-driven interiors company founded in 2003. HCC was a pioneer of the triple bottom line strategy now a standard in sustainability. Under her leadership, the company grew to become a luxury market leader garnering numerous awards including an ICIC 100 award for growth and innovation in 2009. At Scient, the iconic San Francisco dotcom consultancy that innovated online banking, she served as a Director of Strategy.
Some career highlights include:
- COO of the 43rd fastest growing inner city company in America in 2009;
- Corporate grant recipient from The Clinton Foundation;
- CEO Forum Training at Harvard Business School with Michael Porter;
- Judge and Panelist for Goldman Sach’s Institute for Entrepreneurial Thinking;
- Guest lecturer at Fordham University, SUNY’s FIT, The Pratt Institute and CW Post.
She is the creator of many entrepreneurial programs including the FutureLAB series, Audacity, Morning Salon, and The Sustainable Organization. She is an Adjunct Professor of Business at FIT teaching Entrepreneurship and Sustainability where she is also the program designer for “Finance for Design.” She has appeared on BBC World Business Report, The New York Times, CBS’s The Early Show, ABC’s World News Tonight, Crain’s NY, and many other fine news outlets.